- What is personal information?
- Use and disclosure
- supply you or another person you request with goods or services;
- process any payment on your behalf (which may result in your payment details being sent, on a confidential basis, to a foreign jurisdiction and disclosed to recipients in foreign jurisdictions, as reasonably required by our payment processing gateway and the relevant financial institutions and intermediaries, in order to process your transaction;
- help us improve www.acdmweb.com, our marketing and our other goods and services;
- contractors solely to help us in our business, such as telecommunications companies, event organisers, IT contractors (such as website developers and hosts), lawyers, accountants, financiers and promotions companies;
- tell you about our range of products and services and any new developments, offers or events we think may interest you;
- credit reference and reporting agencies and other credit providers where permitted by law; and
- any prospective purchaser or investor in our business for the purposes of due diligence.
- Access to personal information
- Compliance and complaints
- Security and integrity
- Changes to this policy
- Contacting us
When we talk about personal information, we mean information or an opinion about an individual where you can tell or reasonably work out who the information or opinion is about.
We will only collect personal information about you that is relevant to our business. We may collect that information from the Website and from any other communications you have with us. This information will often include general information such as your name, mobile number, e-mail address, Internet Protocol address and physical address and other contact details. In order to provide you with goods or services for this Website, we will need other information such as credit or debit card details and may also need personal information about other people (such as email and other addresses for communication and/or delivery and other contact details).
Where reasonably possible, we will collect your personal information only directly from you. Our purpose for collecting personal information should be clear when we collect it. If you are uncertain, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below. If you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
We will not collect any personal information about visitors to www.acdmweb.com except where they are registered subscribers, where the information is provided by registered subscribers or the visitor provides us with personal information. We may use technology to keep track of which sections of www.acdmweb.com you visit, for security purposes and to help us improve the service.
Subject to our legal obligations and our other rights under any agreement with you, we will use our best endeavours to only allow disclosure of personal information that you provide to us to those people identified below and to any other people you have asked us to provide it to at a particular time.
We will only use your personal information as allowed by law. This means we may use it for the purpose it was collected or as otherwise set out in this policy. If we want to use your personal information for any other purpose, we will ask you, unless the law says we don’t have to.
We generally only use or disclose your personal information to:
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you would like to access personal information we hold about you. We will give you access unless we are not required by law to do so. We may ask you to pay our reasonable costs of providing access.
If you believe personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please advise our Privacy Officer. We will take reasonable steps to amend your personal information to resolve any such problems, unless we are not required by law to do so.
In certain circumstances, we may refuse to give access to your personal information or amend it. Usually we will explain why and, in the case of amendment, make a note that you have disputed the accuracy or completeness of particular information.
If you think we are in breach of any privacy laws (including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any of its Australian Privacy Principles), please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will deal with your complaint by considering the matters you raise and responding to your complaint in writing.
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, accurate, complete and up to date. If we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it, unless we are not required by law to do so. We do not take responsibility for the security of information that is outside our control such as when it is sent by post, courier, facsimile or over the Internet or any other telecommunications network.
To keep up with regulatory, technical and business change, we may amend this policy from time to time by publishing the updated policy on www.acdmweb.com. Please visit www.acdmweb.com regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
For further information, problems or complaints regarding our information handling practices, please contact our Privacy Officer by e-mailing email@example.com or writing to:ACDMweb PO Box 40 Stanhope Gardens NSW 2768 Australia